Nanny Poppins Agency conducts a thoroughly customized candidate search for you, exactingly designed to find the perfect match with minimal work on your part. So sit back, relax and let us find the perfect match for your family or household. Let us take the daunting process of screening out the candidates that you will not want to meet and fully vetting the ones that you will! We will send you their complete files for your review and be ready to help you take the next steps in adding the perfect childcare or domestic professional to your home.
It’s important to understand that sometimes adding such a critical member to your household can take some time. Some clients find the right fit very quickly and others may take a little more time. Each search requires the following procedure:
Initial Contact & Prospective Client Consultation
- Includes introduction, evaluation of needs, disclosure of our fees and procedures
- This is not a sales process, but a time to get to know you and for you to see if our agency is the right fit for you
- Review of your experience with past hires if this is not your first time
- Review of any special considerations, requirements, special needs, household dynamics, etc.
- Helping and advising about the industry and providing advice when needed
- Providing any necessary education regarding the nanny and domestic staffing industry particulars in your area
Candidate Search Begins
- Using discretion to protect your privacy, we post your position to our professional recruitment database, market your position to attract the best candidates, and speak with active candidates regarding your position
- Prequalify, get appropriate application and resumes along with proper identification
- Schedule and conduct live, extensive face-to-face interviews and contact prospective candidates and references
- Identify top candidate profiles that we have selectively matched with your needs and profile
- Checking professional and character references.
- Make sure candidates that we have worked with before have updated files
- As candidates meet our criteria and come through our process, we make them available for your review
Your First Contact With Candidates
- Conduct preparation for interview, if necessary, such as understanding how to manage the process if needed
- Facilitate initial interview via email, phone or whatever method works best for you
- Provide a complete portfolio on your candidate prior to the interview including:
- Professional resume and/or completed agency application
- Profile and references
- Copy of legal ID
- Licenses and certifications
- Provide an overview from the recruitment specialist about our feelings and recommendation as to why we like each candidate for you, about each individual candidate and if we have placed the candidate before, and our detailed experiences with that candidate
Post-Interview Follow Up
- We follow up with you to find out how the interview went and, if needed, help you decide and/or facilitate any next steps
- We will answer questions you might have from the interview(s)
- Determine if another interview with that candidate (or another) is needed
- Based on your feedback, we follow up with the candidate for you, and if requested, address any pending questions you have
- Continue to send you screened candidates as they become available and as needed until you have found the right fit
Completing The Hire
- Provide you with updated, comprehensive final background checks
- Criminal records
- Driving records
- Relevant documents
- Provide assistance with negotiating the offer, work agreement and other paperwork needed for the hiring process
- Provide referrals for outside services, such as payroll informations, that will help you manage having a staff member working for your family
- Follow up after your nanny or other domestic professional starts to make sure that you are happy and remain available to you throughout the placement
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The candidates find us through our website, referrals, job listings, and weekly emails sent out from our database. Our jobs are sponsored on all major job boards and are also listed on our own social media platforms.
We screen both their related experience and their complete employment history, education, certifications, skills, location, personality, longevity, and lifestyle.
Our phone screen and formal interview process helps us complete the candidate’s full file, which includes:
- Updated Resume
- Appropriate legal identification (driver’s license or federal identification, passport, green card, etc.)
- Relevant certifications, ex: CPR/First Aid, COVID-19 Vaccination Record, Education
- 3 to 5 professional references
- We use a formal reference questionnaire during a direct phone call with each former employer or colleague to document their experience with the candidate in question-and-answer form. If any candidate provides us with letters of recommendation, we verify those as well.
Yes. The name, location/title, phone number, date of reference completion, and the agency representative who called the reference provider are all listed on the reference questionnaire for you.
It completely depends on the client. As part of our services, our qualified recruitment assistants are verifying and calling references for you. You may call the references yourself as well, it’s completely up to your discretion.
Yes, we work comprehensively with a full-service pre-employment screening company to ensure the most accurate, extensive, and up-to-date technology is used. Our background check will bring up all misdemeanor, felony, and federal crimes, as well as check all sex offender databases. We use the candidate’s name, date of birth, and social security numbers in all states they have lived and worked in, to get the most extensive possible results for you. We check all
associated addresses and conduct all appropriate driving record checks. We can also provide drug testing upon request, and we ask that it is requested for the hired candidate when you are starting your search.
Yes. We send them directly to you via email.
We run them when an offer letter has been signed by the candidate and client. The offer letter is contingent upon the results of the background check.
We want them as up-to-date as possible. Not every candidate we interview and reference is placed, and some are not placed immediately. Each completed background check is legally only good for 3 months before it would have to be run again.
This completely depends on how many states and counties that the hired candidate has lived in, and the reporting courts in those areas. Some state searches will take 48 hours or less. Each court operates differently, but most will report back within 3 to 4 days.
The client is employing the candidate, not the agency. We are a referral and placement agency, and we are facilitating this transaction. Nanny Poppins is not responsible for employees once they are under your employ.
By law, most are considered W2 employees. We often refer our clients to GTM Associates for their payroll needs. Upon request, your account manager or a member of our management team is happy to forward you their contact information or introduce you via email.
Note: We do not monitor how you pay your staff. We give you the resources and tools to make educated decisions. We are a referral and placement agency. We recommend taking worker’s compensation seriously.
Not generally, no. Given the flexibility that most live-in domestic employees provide, they often charge a higher rate than a live-out nanny. They do not view this work as an exchange, this is their career.
We do not place exchanges. Someone always feels like they are doing more. We place professional live-in’s. This means we are not placing people who need a place to live.
Most live-in candidates dedicate their lives to the family, give them more flexibility, work longer hours, and travel with the family. We fill your job description, and we are here to meet your needs. Some candidates stick to one role (ex: nanny, housekeeper, chef), and some will have a more
flexible role (ex: house managers, family assistants, butlers). When you are speaking with a representative of the agency about registering with us, make sure you are telling us your exact needs, as well as updating us with any changes to your family culture and search.
No, but many clients prefer to provide a car to:
- Ensure safe transportation of their children or family members
- Avoid liability
- As a benefit and incentive for the position
- The candidate can avoid wear and tear on their own vehicle
- The candidate may need a larger vehicle in order to transport the client’s children or family members
If you have any further questions about our process, feel free to reach out to your assigned Account Manager, our Administrative Recruitment Manager, our Office Manager, our Executive Administrative Assistant, or the owner herself, Jennifer Bouchard. Your assigned Account Manager will reach out shortly after you have registered.